Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome to Cinema First

Narcissist cinephile that I am, I was moved to donate a very large screen, projector, and Blu-Ray player to the church, so that I could host movie nights for the smart, funny, thoughtful, and entertaining people I've come to know and love at FUSD. I love film, and I love learning, teaching, and growing. I like it when people listen to me, argue with me, and share their thoughts about interesting movies. So, now that the equipment has arrived, it's time to party! The first series is called "The Spiritual Lessons of the Coen Brothers". We'll watch a Coen Brothers film in the Sanctuary, then retreat to the Common Area for potluck munchies, beer, wine, and discussion. As these are adult-themed movies, no one under 17 will be permitted without a parent or guardian. All films start at 7:00 p.m. Please bring munchies &/or beer or wine to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment